|The Moultrie A5 is a durable camera built in a rugged case. It features a surface color and texture that helps it blend in with the natural surroundings when mounted in the forest.|
- 5.0 megapixel resolution
- Low Glow infrared game sighting
- Day and night video capture
- Picture delay set at 1, 5, 10 or 30 minutes
- Night range of up to 50 feet
- Integrated strap loop compatible with Python cables
- 8,000 images can be stored on 4 C-cell batteries
- SD memory slot that can accommodate up to 32GB cards
- Moon phase, time, date and camera ID stamp
- Trigger speed of 1.16 seconds
The A5 by Moultrie offers easy setup with good features for its price, and it works well for those needing the basics. It is affordable enough to outfit an entire property with these models. Its simplicity and price point make it one of the most sought-after trail cameras on the market.
- The Moultrie A5 is a 5-megapixel camera that offers Low Glow infrared technology to capture game without scaring them away.
- The unit takes video clips in the day and night to get the most footage when it is needed.
- The storage is impressive for a model in its range, and the camera can store up to 8,000 images at a time.
- It has a night range that spans up to 50 feet to catch activity in the distance.
- One of the best aspects of the A5 is its price. The model is simple enough to allow for an affordable price, and this means users can purchase multiple units for their property without breaking their budgets.
- The unit takes very good pictures during the day despite the fact that it is a basic model in the lower price range. Night pictures also provide the contrast needed for basic purposes.
- The range on night pictures tends to be limited under some settings. It may work better in areas used with ample lighting, but it will have a harder time picking up on things out in the woods.
- Some people find the image delay interval too long, and this may cause missed chances to capture important activity.
- Capturing video instead is an adequate solution to this issue as small clips can provide even more activity than multi-shot capture.
What Buyers Are Saying
Buyers are impressed with the quality of the photos captured, and the black and white images from night capture are just as good as those taken in the day considering the level of detail they contain.
In addition to the four C cell batteries needed for operation, some people recommended a bike lock and chain or cable. This will help secure the unit if used in residential areas. The model is designed to secure the camera in place while also preventing it from being opened when tied with cables.
It is also recommended to place the unit away from loose brush and bushes that may find their way into the camera’s path. Such objects may cause the camera to take photographs due to their movement in heavy winds.
The Moultrie’s A5 provides easy setup, decent features and an affordable price. It works well enough for those needing simple surveillance, but it may not be the best choice for seriously analyzing and tracking game. It receives a rating of 4 out of 5.