|The Moultrie M-880 features a rugged case design to provide durability in a variety of conditions. The surface features camouflage detail to help it blend in with surroundings.|
- 8-megapixel low glow infrared camera
- FastFire for continuous shooting of 1 to 4 pictures per sec
- Multi-Shot shooting that allows for 1 to 3 pictures in a row
- Night range of 100 feet
- 4 operational modes
- Illumi-Night sensor for clear nighttime images
- Motion Freeze Technology to reduce nighttime blur
- Video capture
- Capable of holding 9,500 images with 8 AA batteries
- Compatible with SD cards up to 32 GB
- Includes photo data such as temperature, time and date
The Game Spy Moultrie M-880 8MP is a redesigned model of the popular M-80XT trail camera. It is an 8-megapixel unit with Low Glow infrared technology to capture game without being obvious enough to scare them away. The camera offers FastFire and multi-shot shooting when continuous images are needed.
- The Moultrie M-880 has a resolution of 8 megapixels with Low Glow infrared that works to capture imagery without deterring game.
- It has a night range of 100 feet along with an Illumi-Night sensor to enhance the clarity of nighttime images.
- The unit also features Motion Freeze technology that help reduces blur in night photos.
- FastFire shooting allows the user to take up to four pictures per second, and Multi-Shot allows for quick bursts of multiple pictures at a time.
- Photos are marked with information including time, temperature, date, moon phase and the camera ID stamp.
- The Moultrie M-880 operates under four modes including infrared triggered, time lapse, night detection and HD video.
- The unit can hold up to 9,500 images operating on AA batteries, and it can accommodate SD cards as large as 32 gigabytes.
- The newer models of the M-880 do not feature a battery indicator, so it may be bothersome to some users to lack information about the unit’s battery life.
- Pictures taken in the day are very colorful, but they tend to be out of focus. They can focus properly at close range, but the edges of the images are not as crisp as they should be.
- The newer version of the Moultrie M-880 8MP may also produce a reduction in detection range.
What Buyers Are Saying
Most users rave about the device’s ability to produce daytime images that are very vivid in color. They also appreciate the moon, temperature and time information available on each photo.
The most well-liked aspect of this model is its size, and many buyers praise the M-880 for its compact form. The trigger speed responds quickly enough to capture nearly any action, and the time lapse software is also helpful for accurately studying animal behavior.
The battery life is one of the most appreciated aspects of the unit as well, but it only accepts alkaline and lithium batteries. Quality lithium batteries can provide nearly a year of use, but alkaline batteries may cause issues. Many users experience malfunctioning of their devices upon attempting to power them with alkaline batteries.
The Moultrie M-880 receives a rating of 4 out of 5. It is a fairly reliable camera with a durable case design. The unit is easy to navigate, quick to respond and it has an impressive battery life.