|The PlotWatcher Pro has a uniquely round appearance that is also more slender than traditional cameras. Its outer shell is camouflaged for added protection.|
- Takes pictures every 5 to 10 seconds
- Customizable time-lapse settings
- 2.5-inch LCD screen for camera setup
- GameFinder software video reviewer
- Can captures up to 1 million video images
- 1,280 x 720 video res with customizable recording time
- Can accommodate SD cards of up to 32 GB
- Up to 4 times longer battery life than original PlotWatcher
- Simple thumb wheel control
- Accepts add-on zoom lens
- GameFinder Software with MotionSearch included
- Compatible with security cable
The PlotWatcher Pro is a unique trail camera that takes pictures at set intervals instead of being triggered by movement. This technique provides a full day’s worth of scouting information in just minutes.
- The PlotWatcher Pro features a 2.5-inch LCD screen for camera setup, and the unit can capture up to 1 million images.
- One of the best features of the PlotWatcher Pro is the fact that is catches game no matter how close or far they may be, so animals can be observed even without coming near the camera.
- Unlike many other game cameras triggered by sensors, the PlotWatcher Pro takes pictures at regular intervals. The HD camera takes photos every 5 to 10 seconds from sunrise to sunset and presents them in a completed 10-minute time-lapse video.
- The unit comes included with GameFinder video player software to make reviewing the video files much easier. The software allows the user to view files in forward or reverse in addition to scrolling frame by frame.
- The MotionSearch feature skips ahead to the nearest frame where motion has been observed to save the user even more time.
- The unit records in HD with a 1280 x 720 video resolution, and it can be used with SD cards up to 32 gigabytes.
- The improved battery life from the previous model provides up to a full month of time-lapse footage on just one set of batteries.
- Most users rave about the performance of the PlotWatcher Pro, but its one drawback would be the loss of clarity for game beyond 30 yards.
What Buyers Are Saying
The most impressive feature of this unit is the fact that it can provide information without needing to be triggered. This allows hunters to analyze animals much better without them needing to reach a certain distance near the device. Buyers appreciate the GameFinder software that allows for easy and quick playing of time-lapse video files.
The unit has three times as much battery life as many other cameras, and it can be set up easily due to its one-button design. It only requires selecting an interval, inserting a USB drive and turning on the TLV unit. Impressive features include its LCD screen, video aiming, status notifications, zoom lens support, temperature and moon phase stamps and customizable start and stop times for video capture.
The PlotWatcher Pro is a very unique trail camera with special benefits that come from its interval approach. It receives a rating of 4 stars considering its many unique features paired with its impressive performance.